Interpersonal Communication – Conflict Resolution
- State the Objective to be achieved and objective needs to be clear
- Settle one issue at a time
- Clarity the issue
- Focus on the issue and not the personality; give every person a fair chance to express themselves
- One person talks, the other person listen and clarify, and vice versa.
- Response and do not react
- Listen patiently and clarify any doubt
- When necessary, involve a third party as mediator
- Strive for a win-win solution, this may not always be possible
- When a party become too emotional, stop the discussion till such other time when emotion has settled down
- Communication in itself cannot solves all issues but each person’s can be made their stand clear
May we be emotional mature enough to communicate effectively always.